Teddy Bears for Kids
A smile in place of tears
A hug for comfort
A moment of joy
A boost of courage in a scary place
Since 1986, Teddy Bears for Kids has brought this and more to hospitalized children nationwide. Through relationships with over 55 hospitals and partnering organizations, we’ve reached 84,000 sick kids nationwide.
The teddy bears, given without cost to hospitalized children, help young patients make it through stressful situations a little easier, thrill our partnering organizations in relieving the fears and worries of sick kids and their parents, and make our enthusiastic donors happy and proud.
Give a plush teddy bear today.
Your donation will bring smiles to hospitalized children nationwide.
Praise for Teddy Bears for Kids
From our affiliated hospitals, some of the premier pediatric institutions in the U.S.:
From our generous donors:
- “There was a little girl who hadn’t talked for awhile and was down in the dumps. These sailors came in and made her smile.”
- “The kids just had a fantastic time! Thanks so much for providing the bears!”
- “I can’t emphasize enough what it means to our underserved children in the Bronx to receive a new teddy bear that they can call their own.”
- “Donating a Teddy Bear to a sick child. It can’t get any easier than that.”
- “Giving a Teddy Bear to a sick child is a no brainer. How can anyone say no to contributing to such a worthy cause?”
- “BULLY on this wonderful idea—happy to help!”
- “I am happy to be able to support this cause; keep up the good work!”
The Real Teddy Bear Story
How did toy bears come to be named after President Theodore Roosevelt?
Read the Real Teddy Bear Story and find out.
Photo credit: Smithsonian Institution